The Acunetix Team is pleased to announce an updated build of the Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 8 (WVS 8). This new built includes new security checks for more vulnerabilities, bug fixes as well as a series of new and improved features.
New Security Checks
- Acunetix WVS 8 scans Web Statistics Software Applications such as AWStats and Webalizer, crawls their result pages and notifies you if sensitive data is disclosed in such pages.
- Your website is now secured against ASP Code injection vulnerability.
- New security checks have been included for SQLite Databases.
- Acunetix WVS 8 provides security checks for Rails Mass Assignment.
- Acunetix WVS 8 offers you the possibility to stop the website crawling and proceed with the scan at anytime.
- You can choose a scan report template that you would like to use when scheduling a scan.
- Scripts are being executed faster thus the scans are taking less time to complete.
- Improved security scripts for Blind SQL injection, Remote File Inclusion XSS, File Inclusion and Directory Traversal.
- If a variant check for a specific vulnerability times out, Acunetix WVS 8 continues to launch the next variant checks assigned for that type of vulnerability.
- Crawler: input encoding was not correct for _EVENTTARGET = and /
- Ansi string was not working correctly when using specific languages other than English.
How to upgrade to build 20120305:
On starting up Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner, a pop up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. To download the latest build, navigate to General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.
Click here for the complete Acunetix WVS change log.
Get the latest content on web security
in your inbox each week.