An updated build of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 7 was released. This new build (20110920) includes the new Firefox plugin which supports FireFox version 6, a new security check for the Apache web server and a number of application bug fixes.
New security check
- Security checks for Apache httpd remote denial of service
- Firefox plugin now supports Firefox v.6
- Inclusion of more variables discovered by Acusensor during a scan
- Fixed HTTP verb tampering security checks with further reduction of false positives
- Paths edited in HTTP Authentication settings node are being saved correctly
- Actions menu is appearing correctly in the Small Business Edition
How to upgrade to build 20110823:
On starting up Acunetix WVS, a pop up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. To download the latest build, navigate to General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, and click on Download and Install new build.
Click here for the complete Acunetix WVS change log.
Get the latest content on web security
in your inbox each week.