An updated build of Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Version 7 was released. This new build (20110920) includes the new Firefox plugin which supports FireFox version 6, a new security check for the Apache web server and a number of application bug fixes.
New security check
- Security checks for Apache httpd remote denial of service
- Firefox plugin now supports Firefox v.6
- Inclusion of more variables discovered by Acusensor during a scan
- Fixed HTTP verb tampering security checks with further reduction of false positives
- Paths edited in HTTP Authentication settings node are being saved correctly
- Actions menu is appearing correctly in the Small Business Edition
How to upgrade to build 20110823:
On starting up Acunetix WVS, a pop up window will automatically notify you that a more recent build is available for download. To download the latest build, navigate to General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, and click on Download and Install new build.
Click here for the complete Acunetix WVS change log.