We’ve just released an update for Acunetix Web Vulnerability 8 – build 20121113 – which gives you a brand new PHP code execution test for Invision Power Board, as well as a number of improvements and fixes.
New Security Checks
- New PHP code execution test for Invision Power Board
- We’ve improved the Acunetix SDK by introducing a new UI for selecting script targets
- All web security scripts now send the Referrer header during tests, which means that websites that check referrers can now be scanned properly.
- The XSS security scrip has been further improved.
- We’ve added a cache-control HTTP header to crawler requests.
- Several issues in the crawler have been fixed so you can now crawl larger websites
How to Upgrade to Build 20121113
When you start Acunetix WVS 8, a pop-up window will automatically notify you that a new build is available to download. Navigate to the General > Program Updates node in the Tools explorer, click on Download and Install the new build.
You can see the complete Acunetix WVS change log here. If you have any technical questions, feel free to email the Acunetix Team on firstname.lastname@example.org, and you can direct any sales related questions to email@example.com.
Make sure you keep up to date with the latest website security and Acunetix news by reading the Acunetix Blog, liking the Acunetix Facebook Page, and following us on Twitter.
Get the latest content on web security
in your inbox each week.