If your business is looking for an enterprise-class product to improve your web application security, the Acunetix vulnerability assessment and vulnerability management solution based on the leading-edge web vulnerability scanner is also available online. The Acunetix online solution offers all the functionality of the on-premise security scanner, not just vulnerability detection.
Integrate Acunetix within Your SDLC
The key focus of Acunetix is integration within enterprise processes. Acunetix is built to become part of your complex environment so that you don’t waste resources on managing web vulnerabilities separately. Additionally, Acunetix satisfies the needs of developers, managers, and executives by providing specialized scan reports including security assessment and compliance reports such as PCI DSS and HIPAA.
- You can easily and quickly integrate Acunetix with market-leading issue trackers such as Jira, GitLab, GitHub, Azure DevOps, and more. Acunetix converts discovered security vulnerabilities into manageable issues so you can include them in regular remediation processes.
- You can also include Acunetix scans in SecDevOps pipelines by easily integrating the scanner with market-leading CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, and more. Because Acunetix is built for performance, it won’t have a negative impact on your build times.
- For enterprise clients, Acunetix can help develop custom integrations, too. Additionally, Acunetix has import and export capabilities for various other products including web application firewalls, penetration testing tools, other scanning tools, and more.
Benefit from High-Performance Vulnerability Scanning
One of the distinguishing features of Acunetix is that it is developed with speed in mind. Each new version further improves performance, especially within large and complex security testing environments. High performance also goes in line with high detection rates and a very low number of false positives as well as a wide range of detected security issue types.
- The Acunetix core is built using C++. This low-level language helps the scanner achieve higher speed than competing products developed using high-level languages.
- The Acunetix scanner uses techniques to limit the number of requests as much as possible, which helps you reduce the network and web server load. The scanner is also continuously improved to further reduce and prioritize requests.
- In addition to typical web vulnerabilities such as SQL Injections, Cross-site Scripting (XSS), and other OWASP Top 10 issues, Acunetix also tests for misconfigurations, weak passwords, issues related to the web server software, TLS/SSL vulnerabilities, and more. Acunetix can even handle network vulnerabilities and other network security issues such as open ports thanks to its integration with OpenVAS.
Secure All Your Websites and Web Applications
Acunetix is built to detect website security issues in any websites and web applications, independent whether they are built by your teams or based on open-source and commercial products. The online version of Acunetix can scan any web resource and web API as long as you can make it accessible using a public IP address.
- The Acunetix enterprise solution features a unique crawling engine that detects your web assets. The engine continuously scans the Internet searching for public assets that may belong to your company and uses information from domain registrars and SSL certificates.
- Acunetix features a lot of specific vulnerability tests for popular web products including CMS systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and more. It also finds vulnerabilities in plugins, which are often the cause of major security holes, especially in the case of WordPress security.
We use Acunetix as part of our Security in the SDLC and to test code in DEV and SIT before being promoted to Production.