A finger service is running on this host. The finger protocol is used to find out information about users on a remote system. Finger servers can usually provide either a list of logged-in users or detailed information on a single user.
Finger information has been frequently used by crackers as a way to initiate a social engineering attack on a company's computer security system. By using a finger client to get a list of a company's employee names, email addresses, phone numbers, and so on, a cracker can telephone or email someone at a company requesting information while posing as another employee.
- It is recommended to disable this service.
- Jenkins user enumeration
- WordPress Plugin WP CSS 'wp-css-compress.php' Local File Disclosure (2.0.5)
- WordPress Plugin WooCommerce Arbitrary File Download (3.4.5)
- WordPress Plugin Easy Contact Forms Export 'file' Parameter Information Disclosure (1.1.0)
- WordPress Plugin Simple History Information Disclosure (1.0.7)