Acunetix (on premise)
Set-up, Installation and Upgrades
- How do I update Acunetix?
- What is a Login Sequence, and How do I set one up?
- What is the difference between auto-login and pre-recorded login sequence?
- What is the difference between Site Login and HTTP Authentication?
- How do I use Acunetix on a host other than localhost?
- What is AcuSensor and how do I install it?
- How can I backup Acunetix database?
- How do I install the Acunetix Root Certificate on another computer?
Scanning a Website
- How do I scan for specific vulnerabilities?
- How do I block unauthorized scans?
- How do I avoid getting blocked by my hosting provider when running an Acunetix scan?
- How does Acunetix perform an automated scan and detect vulnerabilities?
- Will a vulnerability scan damage my site, or pose a threat to my data?
- I make use of a web application firewall (WAF), should I still scan the website directly?
- How can I detect malware and phishing URLs using Acunetix?
- How do I configure scan speed in Acunetix?
- How does Acunetix crawl password protected areas?
- How can I pre-seed a crawl using output from Fiddler, Burp, Selenium and HAR files?
Troubleshooting and Error Queries
- Scan taking too long to complete
- Damaged website after scan
- What can I do if I encounter an error or a problem with Acunetix?
- How do I exclude directories on my website or web application from being scanned?
- How can I prevent a scan from causing an email flood?
- Why do I get a Security Warning in Firefox when I use Acunetix?
Other Generic FAQs
- How can I integrate Acunetix with third-party applications?
- What is AcuMonitor, and which vulnerabilities does it help detect?
- How can I change the location of where Acunetix log files are stored?
- Which web application vulnerabilities does Acunetix Scan for?
- Does AcuSensor require a password in v11?
- Can I re-use the AcuSensor file on multiple Targets?
- After purchasing a license for Acunetix Online, what do I do next?
- How can I can login to Acunetix Online?
- I am using Acunetix Online. Do I need to download anything?
Scan Target Queries
- What is a “Scan Target”?
- What is a “Free Scan Target”?
- Configuring Scan Targets for Acunetix Online
- Configuring Free Scan Targets for Acunetix Online
- Can I delete a Scan Target?
- Can I alter a Scan Target’s settings?
- Can I use a Free Scan Target to scan for web vulnerabilities?
- What if I make a mistake while configuring a Scan Target’s hostname/IP address?
- Why do I need to upload a verification file before scanning my website for vulnerabilities?
- Can I upload the same verification file to all my Scan Targets?
- What is the difference between Web Scan Verification and Network Scan Verification?
- I cannot upload the web verification file to the root of my web site. What should I do?
- Acunetix Online cannot connect to my Scan Target
- Obtaining the Acunetix Site Seal for your Scan Target
- How long does a scan take to complete?
- Why is my scan showing as Queued?
- My scan seems to be stuck.
- How can I be sure that Acunetix Online has crawled my entire website?
- Which Trojans and Backdoors does Acunetix scan for?
- Which Network Vulnerabilities does Acunetix scan for?
Child Account Queries
- Configuring Child Accounts
- How many child accounts can be created?
- How to create Scan Targets per customer