Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (On Premise):
Set-up, Installation and Upgrades
- How to install latest updates
- How to backup files from previous versions
- How to setup a login sequence
- How to install AcuSensor
- How can I backup Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
Scanning a Website
- How to scan for specific vulnerabilities
- How to scan multiple websites with Acunetix WVS
- How to run concurrent scans in Acunetix WVS
- How to scan large and template-based websites
- How to block unauthorized scans
- How to manually scan a website using the HTTP Sniffer to build a site structure.
- How to avoid getting your website blocked after scanning with Acunetix WVS
- How to scan large websites
- How does Acunetix WVS perform an automated scan and detect vulnerabilities?
- Why isn’t my site’s technology listed in the scan wizard?
- Will a vulnerability scan damage my site, or pose a threat to my data?
- Under what circumstances will a scan require human intervention?
- If I have a web application firewall, should I still scan the website directly?
- How can I copy my scanning profiles from one computer to another?
- Can I have different scan settings templates?
- How do I scan multiple websites with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner?
- Is it possible to have different Scan Settings Profiles?
- Can I manually import scan results into the Acunetix database file?
- Detecting malware and phishing links using Acunetix WVS
- Which web security alerts are detected by the Acunetix WVS crawler?
- How does Acunetix crawl password protected areas?
- Can I configure Acunetix WVS to crawl a website in a pre-defined way?
- How to pre-seed a crawl using output from Fiddler, Burp, Selenium and HAR files
- Support for REST, Java and Ruby on Rails testing
Troubleshooting and Error Queries
- Scan taking too long to complete
- Damaged website after scan
- During a scan, why did Acunetix WVS display a message window stating that URL rewrite was detected?
- Why does Acunetix WVS detect pages that don’t exist on my website?
- What can I do if I find an error or problem in Acunetix WVS?
- How can I troubleshoot AcuSensor Technology problems when scanning .NET applications?
- Why do I get many messages ‘connection was terminated by host’ in the error log?
- I am worried that a specific directory or file might be risky to scan in realtime. What can I do?
- How can I prevent a scan from flooding me with Acunetix test string emails?
Other Generic FAQs
- How can I integrate Acunetix WVS with another third party application?
- What exactly are the “session-in” and “session-out” patterns?
- What is AcuMonitor, and which vulnerabilities does it help detect?
- How can I write my own URL rewrite rule?
- How can I change the location of where Acunetix WVS log files are generated?
- Where are Acunetix WVS log files stored?
- Creating custom checks in Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
- Which Web Vulnerabilities does Acunetix Scan for?
Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner (Online):
- After purchasing a license for Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner (OVS), what do I do next?
- How can I can login to Acunetix OVS?
- I am using Acunetix OVS. Do I need to download anything?
Scan Target Queries
- What is a “Scan Target”?
- What is a “Free Scan Target”?
- Configuring Scan Targets for Acunetix OVS
- Configuring Free Scan Targets for Acunetix OVS
- Can I delete a Scan Target?
- Can I alter a Scan Target’s settings?
- Can I use a Free Scan Target to scan for web vulnerabilities?
- What if I make a mistake while configuring a Scan Target’s hostname/IP address?
- Why do I need to upload a verification file before scanning my website for vulnerabilities?
- Can I upload the same verification file to all my Scan Targets?
- What is the difference between Web Scan Verification and Network Scan Verification?
- I cannot upload the web verification file to the root of my web site. What should I do?
- Acunetix OVS cannot connect to my Scan Target
- Obtaining the Acunetix Site Seal for your Scan Target
- How long does a scan take to complete?
- Why is my scan showing as Queued?
- My scan seems to be stuck.
- How can I be sure that Acunetix OVS has crawled my entire website?
- Which Trojans and Backdoors does Acunetix scan for?
- Which Network Vulnerabilities does Acunetix scan for?
Child Account Queries
- Configuring Child Accounts
- How many child accounts can be created?
- How to create Scan Targets per customer