Set-up, Installation and Upgrades
- How do I update Acunetix?
- How to upgrade my Acunetix installation to Acunetix v12
- What is a Login Sequence, and How do I set one up?
- What is the difference between auto-login and pre-recorded login sequence?
- What is the difference between Site Login and HTTP Authentication?
- What is AcuSensor and how do I install it?
- What is a “Target”?
- Can I alter a Scan Target’s settings?
- Can I delete a Scan Target?
- How to import Targets into Acunetix?
- What if I make a mistake while configuring a Scan Target’s hostname/IP address?
- I have 5 websites running on the same server. How many licenses should I buy?
- When I renew my Acunetix Online Subscription next year, can I change my scan targets?
- Can I continue scanning my targets after my Acunetix Online Trial expires?
Scanning a Website
- How do I scan for specific vulnerabilities?
- How do I avoid getting blocked by my hosting provider when running an Acunetix scan?
- How does Acunetix perform an automated scan and detect vulnerabilities?
- Will a vulnerability scan damage my site, or pose a threat to my data?
- I make use of a web application firewall (WAF), should I still scan the website directly?
- How can I detect malware and phishing URLs using Acunetix?
- How do I configure scan speed in Acunetix?
- Tips on reducing Acunetix scan time
- How long does a scan take to complete?
- Why is my scan showing as queued?
- My scan seems to be stuck…
- How can I be sure that Acunetix has crawled my entire website?
- Can I pause a scan?
- Can I restart my machine when a scan is paused?
- How long can a scan remain in a paused state?
- Are scans for the Target stopped or paused during excluded hours?
- How fast is Acunetix v12?
- Can I alter the Scan or Target Settings during a scan?
- How does Acunetix crawl password protected areas?
- How can I pre-seed a crawl using output from Fiddler, Burp, Selenium and HAR files?
Troubleshooting and Error Queries
- Scan taking too long to complete
- Damaged website after scan
- How do I exclude directories on my website or web application from being scanned?
- How can I prevent a scan from causing an email flood?
- I get a warning icon in the Status column of a scan. Where can I find more information on the warning?
- How do I block unauthorized scans?
- Is there an easy way to exclude paths from being scanned?
User Account Queries
- Configuring User Accounts
- How many user accounts can be created?
- How to create Scan Targets per customer
Other Generic FAQs
- How can I integrate Acunetix with third-party applications?
- What is AcuMonitor, and which vulnerabilities does it help detect?
- Which web application vulnerabilities does Acunetix Scan for?
- Does AcuSensor require a password in v11?
- Can I re-use the AcuSensor file on multiple Targets?
- Why are the Trend Charts in the Dashboard not showing any data?
- Which Web Application Firewalls are supported by Acunetix?
- Which Issue Trackers are supported by Acunetix?
- What is the difference between Fixed, Ignored and False Positive?
- Does Acunetix integrate with Jenkins?
- What vulnerability classifications does Acunetix use?
Acunetix On Premise specific
- How do I use Acunetix on a host other than localhost?
- How can I backup Acunetix database?
- How do I install the Acunetix Root Certificate on another computer?
- How do I enable logging for a scan?
- How to configure advanced settings in Acunetix?
- Why is Acunetix only scanning two targets at a go?
- Why do I get a Security Warning in Firefox when I use Acunetix?
- What can I do if I encounter an error or a problem with Acunetix?
- How can I change the location of where Acunetix log files are stored?
- How to enable Email Notifications in Acunetix On Premise
- How to install Acunetix Multi-engine
- How to upgrade a multi-engine installation from v11 to v12
Acunetix Online specific
- After purchasing a license for Acunetix Online, what do I do next?
- How can I can login to Acunetix Online?
- I am using Acunetix Online. Do I need to download anything?
- What is a “Free Scan Target”?
- Configuring Free Scan Targets for Acunetix Online
- Why do I need to upload a verification file before scanning my website for vulnerabilities?
- Can I upload the same verification file to all my Scan Targets?
- What is the difference between Web Scan Verification and Network Scan Verification?
- I cannot upload the web verification file to the root of my web site. What should I do?
- Acunetix Online cannot connect to my Scan Target
- Which Trojans and Backdoors does Acunetix scan for?
- Which Network Vulnerabilities does Acunetix scan for?